- Registration is June 1, 2023 thru June 24, 2023.
- REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED on or after June 25th WILL BE CHARGED A $15 LATE FEE per person.
- Online registration CLOSES on July 9th at 11:59pm 2023.
- Please register online-at http://5dayclinic.org
- Read the registration information and then sign up to register for classes.
- Clinic is limited to 100 youth participants.
- SEI/ASTM approved helmets are required for all classes in the arena and while in the round pen.
- The following youth participants will need to be evaluated PRIOR to clinic: Evaluation information is available on the website.
- First-time clinic participants
- Those wanting to move up a level
- Those that have had a change of horse
- First-time driving or jumping participants.
- Youth may register for up to THREE 90 minute riding classes Youth may additionally register for non riding classes.
- Class fees are $60.00 per class (Discount: 3 classes for $165)
- Clinic updates will be posted on the Facebook page: Search Allegan County 5 Day Clinic
How to Register
- Register online at http://5dayclinic.org Class sizes are limited and will fill on a first come first serve basis. Half arenas are limited to 8 riders/drivers and full arenas are limited to 12 riders/drivers. Classes will close when they are filled. Waitlists will be available.
- After you register online; send check Payable to Allegan County Five Day Clinic to: Mandi Nielson; 3199 5th St.; Wayland MI 49348.
- Checks are preferred. Cash payments may be made by apt. only. Call Mandi Nielson at 616-446-6722. NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ACCEPTED. NO PayPal. PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS OR YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE DELETED AND YOUR CLASS SPACE WILL NOT BE RESERVED.
- When payment is received you will be emailed a confirmation.
- Paper Registrations and checks may also be mailed to Mandi Nielson. Please note: Paper registrations take longer and class choices may not be available by the time registrations are received.
- Reimbursements will be considered by the 5 Day Committee on a case by case basis for extreme extenuating circumstances only. A Doctor’s or veterinarian’s note may be required.
- Please mail 4H Incentives with your payment or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-Cloverbud participants must be 8 years old by January 1, 2023; or older and should be able to, at a minimum, control their horse/pony at a walk and trot.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact
- Mandi Nielson, Clinic Chairperson, at 616-446-6722 or email@example.com
- Paul Balgoyen, Clinic Coordinator, at (269) 650-1323 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only use the form below if you do not have access to the internet. Paper registrations take longer to get through the mail and class choices may not be available by the time they are received.
- Horses/ponies must be stalled at the clinic grounds or trailered in daily (Horses cannot be tied to trailers and left unattended – must use stalls).
- Emergency Contact Stall Card must be attached to the stall as soon as the horse is inside. Stall cards can be removed and put back on while decorating stalls. Stall cards are found in the registration book under the “Things to Bring Checklist” and will be available at clinic.
- Horse and Tack stalls will be assigned by the barn managers and grouped according to 4H clubs. Tack stalls will be shared.
- Stalls are expected to be left clean with no shavings. All staples must be removed from front of stalls.
- It is highly recommend that horses and ponies be properly conditioned before clinic and ready for strenuous exercise.
- Horses should be up to date on all routine care including farrier work.
- For the protection of your horse/pony, all animals must receive Flu, Tetanus, WEE and EEE shots. Also a current negative Coggins test is REQUIRED. West Nile Virus, VEE, Strangles, Rhino and PHF vaccines are strongly recommended, but not required. All immunizations should be given 3-4 weeks before the clinic in order to be effective.
- Proof of Immunizations & Coggins must be presented at the time of check-in. A copy of your Coggins must be left in the office. You may email them to Allegan5day@gmail.com
- NEW THIS YEAR-Vet checks will be done before classes begin to ensure the safety of horse and rider.